Early 2012. I tagged along with Toppet and his relatives to spend a weekend in his Lola’s house in Kalibo and then we went on a side trip to Boracay. I got to meet the whole clan to the point I couldn’t remember all of their names. Seriously, there were like 20 or more in just one house! No I’m not kidding. Hehe. Remind me to bring a tripod next time! 😮
[mark]Best in Asia[/mark]
And without a doubt, when you say you’re going to Kalibo… you’re going to where? Boracay! need I say more? 😎
From Kalibo, we rented a van to take us to the Caticlan Jetty Port then we fast craft / ferry to Cagban Jetty Port. We paid for the following:
- Environmental Fee – P50
- Terminal Fee – P50
- Montenegro Lines – P20-P40 (I forgot the exact amount)
Upon reaching the Cagban Jetty Port, we rode a mini shuttle to our destination, White Beach.
I’m going back here because of:
- the fine and almost powder-like sand is definitely the best one I’ve seen.
- the clear warm water.
- the buy-one-take-one-drink, all for just a hundred bucks! Read: Margarita, Mudslide and else
- the fire dancer who scared me to death when he performed 2 inches away from my face (though my eyes were closed) but really they were great and the fact that I was entertained that I ordered another drink. waiter! one more margarita please 😆
- the serenity in the morning and the nightlife. I didn’t think it was possible. I thought there was going to be a lot of people.
Looking forward to my second visit and hopefully a longer stay (but that’s the least of my priority for now:))